- Announces formation of Corporate Collective, a unique platform for companies to pool funds towards better sharing and enhanced learning for positive change in the region
- Poised to launch new programs aimed towards bridging rural-urban divide in January 2014 with a new corporate partner
- Total cumulative beneficiaries amount to 1 Lakh covering various locations of the Trust
- Reached out to 15000 families in the past 6 months in 2013 through various programs.
Noida, Uttar Pradesh, December 5, 2013: The Moser Baer Trust has been established as a dedicated vehicle to manifest the community development interventions for Moser Baer and also its partner organizations. Every year, with a view to bring together all its beneficiaries, partners, employees and other stakeholders the Trust organizes Sangam. This year, the 5th year of the initiative, Sangam assumes larger importance as the Trust announced launch of two new critical projects to be implemented in the following year. These programs are centre around bridging the rural urban cultural divide by bringing various corporate houses together.
On the occasion Ranu Kulshrestha, Head CSR, announcing Corporate Collective program said, this is one of its kind initiative for pooling of funds, sharing of best practices, learning from each other’s experiences and partnering among the companies towards achieving sustainable community development. This collective should emerge as an avenue for companies looking to make their CSR investments more impactful and also help them be compliant according to the new directive issued by the Dept of Company Affairs and the Companies Bill.
During the programme, MBT announced launch of new projects and showcased milestones achieved by the Trust in the past one year. The programme also witnessed stakeholder’s testimonials where they lauded the efforts of the trust. The beneficiaries of various schemes shared their experiences and praised the Trust in making their lives better. The Trust also felicitated star employees and social champions who made commendable contribution in various initiatives. The cultural programme of the children made the audience astonished and overwhelmed.
To inculcate the feeling of employee voluntarism, Moser Baer celebrates CSR week from 29th November- 5th December every year. The week has special programs focusing on resource conservation, disability sensitization and AIDS awareness etc. Employees are encouraged to participate by way of collage making, poster making, slogan writing and showcasing of short films. Intranet pop-ups are also an integral part of the activities to create greater awareness.
“With a view to bring our employees closer with our partners & beneficiaries, we had launched Canvas of Hope. All employees were encouraged to paint strokes of colours as they envision Hope and we are using this canvas as the banner. This is an apt way to show our commitment to the society. said Mrs. Nita Puri, Director, Moser Baer Trust (MBT)
Some of the achievements of MBT in the fields of education, livelihood and health, in 2013, have been:
- 741 students benefited from Taleem Initiative through Non-formal Education, Support Classes and Mainstreaming
- DLP replicated from NCR this year with 64 students, with a total number of trainees crossing 5000
- More than 1000 farmers benefited from staples promotion initiatives with an average increase of more than 50% in average yields produce post the intervention.
- Engaged with 92 farmers for lac cultivation to ensure cash flow
- Aakar livelihood initiative benefited 92 women in NCR
- Pilot Backyard poultry initiated with 32 families this year in Anuppur and with 15 families in Lahaul and Spiti
- Comprehensive MCH program initiated in Anuppur covering 11 villages with a monthly turn out of more than 900 patients
About Moser Baer India
Moser Baer Trust is a community development vehicle of Moser Baer India Limited (MBIL) and for many other like- minded organizations. Within a short period of time, the Trust has reached out to more than 1,00,000 beneficiaries through its focus on education, livelihood, food security, health and bridging urban-rural divide programs. Its programs are framed and rolled out after a detailed dialogue with the stakeholders, beneficiaries and partners. Its community development programs are designed to meet the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs). We believe that Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) is the way to conduct business that achieves a balance or integration of economic, environmental and social imperatives while at the same time addressing stakeholder expectations. The Trust has an independent budget and a plan of action.
Moser Baer India Limited headquartered in New Delhi, is a leading global tech-manufacturing company. Established in 1983, the company has successfully developed cutting edge technologies to become one of the world’s largest manufacturers of Optical Storage media like CDs and DVDs. The company also emerged as the first to market the next-generation of storage formats like Blu-Ray discs in India. Over the years the company has entered into exciting areas of content replication, home entertainment and is a market leader in the high growth photovoltaic space. It is the only company worldwide to receive the prestigious 5-star rating from TUV Rheinland ( 2009-2012) for 3 years in a row maintaining highest standards of quality in manufacturing PV modules. Moser Baer India has emerged as one of the most credible brands focused on hi-tech manufacturing and R & D activities. It is continuing to unfold the next generation innovative technologies that will catapult India into a respectable manufacturing hub. Website: www.moserbaer.in
For further information please contact: