Environment, Health & Safety Policy
We are fully committed to develop and operate a safe , healthy and clean environment to protect vital human resources , plant, machinery and the environment from the hazards and risk through;
- Complying with applicable environmental, Occupational health & safety legislations and requirement of all interested parties.
- Continually improving the processes, work practices for prevention of Pollution, ill health and injury, resources conservation and risk minimization through objectives driven targets.
Environment, Health & Safety Objectives
- Ensuring safe work practices towards achieving “Zero Incident and prevention from ill health”.
- Continual improvement in all areas of working with special emphasis through;
- Resource optimization through improvement in material efficiency.
- Energy, water saving by identified improvement projects in integrated Management Program.
- Increase awareness of all stake holders through effective implementation and Training on ISO 14001:2004, OHSAS 18001:2007 Standards.
EHS Performance 2013-14
Moser Baer as an organization has achieved many milestones in regard to EHS (Environment, Health & Safety) to mention a few is as per the following:
- Recycle of materials, Energy efficiency and renewable energy are said to be the pillars of sustainable policy. Recycling turns materials that would otherwise become waste into valuable resources. The following data shows the conservation of resources done during the period of 2013-14.
i. Moser Baer saved 986 Keekar trees through in-house recycling/reusing wood pallets for product packing. Total wooden pallet recycled 6275 during this period
ii. We have used recycled 3126.352 Ton of polycarbonate during this period
iii. Reduced the use of HFO with the clean fuel CNG i.e 23935445 kg and 5777646,436 SCM respectively to reduce CO2 EMISSION.
iv. Started using grid power to reduce use of natural resources like HFO.
- Won Annual Fast and furious contest organized by STATE FIRE SERVICE DEPT in neighboring industries on National Fire Service Day.
- Awarded prestigious quality certification JIS CERTIFICATION AWARDS FROM JAPAN for its Solar Modules
- Moser Baer has achieved accident rate 1.79 against the target previous achievement 2.01
- Covered more that 75% of entire associate in EHS Training. Achieved Training rate (Training /man/ year) more than 5.67 against 3.00 targets given EHS MATRIX.
- Designed and Developed IN HOUSE BEHAVIOORAL Based Safety (BBS) Training a per DuPONT sustainable Management system and covered more than 1500 associates in the workshop.
- Re-certification done SUCCESSFULLY WITHOUT ANT SUBSTANTIAL DEVIATION in the system i.e. management Integrated Management System of ISO 9001:2008, ISO 14001:2004, OHSAS 18001:2007 and SA 8000:2008 standards for Environment, Health & Safety Management and Social accountability respectively, audited by various certifying agency like DNV & TUV Rhineland Tthis Year.
- Designed ,developed and implemented 16 EHS Training modules like Lock out Tag out, defensive driving for drivers, Industrial Hygiene and personal grooming for cafeteria employees, Electrical Safety, Hazards communications, Effective use of personal Protective Equipments, RoHS Directives, Legal aspects of Industrial Safety, Machine Guarding and Material Handling
- Achieved ENCINA-DUN & Bradstreet Award for “Quality Management system”.
- Sony Green Partner Certification (by JGPSSI) for product environmental management system from Sony Japan securing 96.5% — highest score ever for any company audited by Sony worldwide and certification extended upto Dec 2014.
- Nominate as leader by district administration for OFF-Site Emergency Planning.
- Elimination of PVC Pouches as per EEEC Directives.
- FIRST in INDIA to receive Phytosanitary Certificate from Government of India Ministry of Agriculture with permanent code no IN-001-HT valid in International Market.
- RAIN WATER HARVESTING at 16 locations and under ground water level raised 3 feet and maintained regularly.
- NO SMOKING campaign successfully implemented throughout the surrounding premises and declaring around as SMOKING FREE Zone Duly approved by local authority.
- Substantial amount of Material recycling (polycarbonate, dye, silver, etc) process in practice to reduce input cost of the product.
- NON Use of Banned Substances in INPUT of product.
- Final Acceptance Test (FAT) done successfully of our new plant for Thin Film (A-si) Solar Module.
- Received prestigious product certification “IEC 61646 and IEC 61730” Product certified by TUV InterCert for all solar modules.
- Successfully launched the campaign of food saving and EHS Kaizen scheme launched in entire plant to motivate employees for taking proactive approach towards EHS improvements.
- Started benchmarking process with nearby industry to improve EHS systems.
- Took active participation in more than 15 Emergence preparedness (Mock Drills ) in neighborhood industries organized by director of Factories and hef Fire Officer
- Moser Baer nominate as member of Safety ADVISORY COMMITTEE BY state govt and DGFASALI (Ministry of Labour
Corporate EHS Responsibility – Certifications & Recognition
- Moser Baer, being a responsible company, has secured prestigious certification of ISO 14001:2004 for environment management audited by DNV / TUV Rheinland
- Moser Baer has also secured OHSAS 18001:2007 standards for Health & Safety Management audited by DNV/ TUV Rheinland
- MBIL is one of the very few companies to get SA- 8000 certification for being socially accountable approved by SAI.
- Sony Green Partner Certification for product environmental management system from Sony Japan securing 96.5% — highest score ever for any company audited by Sony worldwide.
- FIRST in INDIA to receive PHYTOSANITARY CERTIFICATE for FHAT (Forced Hot Air Treatment) facility from Government of India Ministry of Agriculture with permanent code no IN-001-HT valid in International Market