At Moser Baer, we believe that Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) is the way to conduct business that achieves a balance or integration of economic, environmental and social imperatives while at the same time addressing stakeholder expectations. Under its CSR policy, the company affirms its commitment of seamless integration of marketplace, workplace, and environment and community concerns with business operations. Moser Baer uses CSR as an integral business process in order to support sustainable development and constantly endeavors to be a good corporate citizen and enhance its performance on the triple bottom line.
- Whilst being committed to excellence and total customer satisfaction through team work, ceaseless innovation and timely delivery of quality products of international standards, we recognize our responsibilities towards social and environmental dimensions of our business and thus aim to visibly play a leading role within our spheres of influence.
- We will strive to be a leader while continuing our business in a socially and environmentally responsible manner. We affirm our commitment to contribute to nation building measures through improving quality of life of our workforce, their families and the communities of the area we exist and beyond.
- Moser Baer Trust, the Community Development vehicle is headed by CSR Head of Moser Baer.
- Senior leaders from the company are the Trustees. Functional scorecard and KRAs are aligned with company’s strategic objectives.
- Regular board level reporting to CSR Committee after stakeholder dialogue, action plans, targets Programs are evolved
- An independent budget is allotted
- Community programmes are designed to meet Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) in MBIL’s sphere of operations
Moser Baer takes its role as conscientious global citizen seriously and joined joined UN Global Compact in April 2008.The company remains committed to align its operations and strategies with the ten UN global compact principles in the areas of human rights, labour, environment and anti-corruption. As a part of its commitment and adherence to the UNGC guidelines MB submits its communication on progress (COP) regularly.
- A High Powered Board level CSR committee to oversee and advise the CSR operations in the group companies
- Regular board level reporting to CSR Committee
- Allotment of independent budget for the CSR function
- Moser Baer Trust, the Community Development vehicle headed by CSR Head of Moser Baer.
- Senior leaders from the company are Trustees. Alignment of the Functional scorecard and KRAs with overall strategic objectives.
- Community development programmes are designed to meet Millennium Development Goals (MDGs)
- The Trust is manned by teams of professionals from diverse fields with proven experience and commitment to achieving the highest standards in delivery